Saturday, January 2, 2010

twenty10.

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in awhile. To be honest, it's probably because i haven't been able to articulate what's been going on in my head for quite some time now. But here I am, attempting to let you know what's going on.

I am so very thankful that I got to come home for the holidays. Every moment I spend with my family, I realize how thankful I am for them. I love that the term "family" seems to grow bigger and bigger with every event. Weddings, births, friendships... It's funny to look at my family now, and see people added in, and it just feels normal to have them there. And i suppose it will only grow from here. It is nice to know, however, that whoever is added in, there will always be that core group of people that you can rely on with anything. Siblings, I believe, are some of the greatest gifts that God has provided for us.

Christmas was full of joy. I was lucky enough to receive two ryan adams vinyls, an extreme coffee mug, some toms, a nice messenger bag, every single Jane Austen novel and Adobe Photoshop 8. My family knows me a little too well, i think. Gifts that are thought through, are the best kind. Although a girl can never have too many scarves...

It's a funny thing to come home, the place you've lived in for most of your life, and be a "visitor" for the first time. Yes, it's still my home, but for the first time, i can avoid people from high school, i can be amazed at the new restaurant in town, notice the pot-holes that have been filled in, be greeted with a hardy "welcome home" from my favorite coffee shop, and lay in my bed with more appreciation than ever before.... Man I love that thing.

Well, it's a new year. I think back at this time last year, and realize that these were the days in which i decided to graduate an entire year early and move to England. All in one moment. That just proves that you can never really predict the course of your life. It will constantly surprise you. We must always remember that no matter how flawless our plans seem to be, God's are always better, whether we think so or not. And thank the Lord that I'm not a Senior in high school right now, that's looking forward to PROM '10. I'm so thankful for the plan that God had for me instead.

Who knows what 2010 has in store for me, but I cannot wait to find out what it is.

I'm headed back to England in one week. I only hope that my experience this next term will be half as good as the one first term. I know the Lord has new things to teach me, and new challenges and struggles to show me. I would like to take loads more pictures and maybe try to sleep more. But then again, who wants to spend their whole life sleeping when there are adventures to have! Sleeping is a luxury.

I have no idea what I'm doing this summer, or this fall... but I'm not worried........yet.

I promise I'll do better of writing on here more. It's one of my favorite things, really.


Go outside, and bundle up. Breathe in the cold air and feel it in your lungs. Thank God for everything He has blessed you with, and use those blessings to bring Him the glory.

Love.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting Kins.... I always love to read them! It's been fun to see you while you are at home.

    ReplyDelete