Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just take a step back, and look around.

I am constantly surrounded by rolling green fields, sheep, the word of God, and great people.

That is my current life, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

I'm finally starting to settle in here, and feel comfortable. Every morning I wake up, and I look out my tower window, (I suppose you could say my current life is very similar to that of a Christian Princess), and I thank God that I'm here. In the midst of everything going on at home, and my family feeling further than ever, there is this sense of peace that God has given me, that I am so thankful because I really need that right now. I would normally be freaking out, but for some reason, I feel God's presence and control over all that I am worried about.

This place is a constant reminder that I am taken care of by the universe. Ah, yes. Maybe for the first time, the word "content" would be a perfect way to describe the I feel.

I went more north in England last weekend, and got to see William Wordsworth grave. That was incredible, and made me think of my dear friend Annaka, and wishing she could be a nerd with me and just stare at the ground. As I was walking the streets of the lake district, I felt like I was living poetry. Every step a took, another stanza to be written down. It's an incredible feeling to be walking around the a place that you have read poem and poem about. It makes all art so real and close. That's what all of England makes me feel like. Living poetry. It's wonderful.

The classes here continue to be wonderful. I am constantly learning new things, and being challenged. There are always questions in my head, whirling around at the speed of light. And when one finally slows down enough for me to snatch, there are 180 students just waiting to talk, or argue, about it with me. There is something wonderful about the common ground of a hunger for knowledge. It truly makes a close community. I can already tell that the people I am meeting here will be lifelong friends.

I am now going to go watch our football team play a local team for a real game. Our soccer pitch is in the middle of one of the sheep fields. It's truly wonderful. By the way, the idea the sheep are precious and cute is a total misconception. They are some of the ugliest animals I have ever seen in my life.

Here is my house. See the tallest window? That's my bedroom.

6 comments:

  1. Ah! Its so true about sheep. Soon, the five times a day that you have english breakfast tea will start tasting like the smell of those ugly dirty sheep walking around that place. I'm glad your loving it, though. Ah Kinsley - its so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kins! good update! thanks for the shout out - I did a presentation on the Lake Poets last year in 18th Century Lit. I wish I could have been there to share that with you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're something special.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kins -- so great to read about your happenings. We pray for you lots and are thrilled to know you feel the peace that only God gives and know that you are where you are supposed to be. Love Aunt Amy for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There is something wonderful about the common ground of a hunger for knowledge...."

    This was beautiful Kinse. I thought about you today and realized I want to write you a letter. Where can I send it?

    I am thrilled to hear of your time in that magical place. I wish I could share even a day with you. I love you. I miss you. Never cease to suck the marrow out of life...

    ReplyDelete